Monday, July 30, 2012

Oregon at last

In Oregon finally after 3 months and 1 day crossing the 1699 miles of trail in California. I'm excited to be deeper in the PNW and closer to my goal. Gretchen will be visiting me at Crater Lake (1830) on August 4 for a few days. I'm beyond excited to see her, and were in the process of planning for her to complete this epic hike with ne from Stehekin, WA into Canada. It's made a little more challenging by the fact that Stehekin cannot be accessed by road, but there is a 4 hr ferry that can get her there. It's definitely a remote town. I'm currently in Ashland, OR (1726) taking my first zero day since July 4 in Tahoe (1092). It's nice to sleep indoors in a bed for the first time in almost a month. As Gretchen indicated my phone was not booting, but I found a fix no thanks to Verizon. So if you've called and I haven't returned your message I apologize. The hiking has been scenic and we've been hitting 25 to 30 miles a day. I look forward to reaching Canada. Not necessarily because I'm tired of the hiking, but because I know that hitting that monument will be one of the most awesome moments of my life. I miss Gretchen terribly and look forward to returning home to her. At this point the trip is very much a mental challenge and it has been a mental journey as much as a physical one. I know that all the moments that have been difficult and where one might throw in the towel will make the accomplishment all the sweeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment