Wednesday, September 5, 2012

off to Washington

I'm leaving for the airport in 30 minutes, the adventure to meet Andy on the trail begins.  My flight will take me to Seattle where I will get on a bus to Wenatchee, stay the night, then get on another bus to Chelan.  Chelan is the vacation town at the southeaster tip of Lake Chelan, which is a very long skinny lake.  The trail passes the very north western tip of this lake and the closet town is Stehekin, which has no access from a road.  Andy will have to take a 3 hour ferry ride across the lake to get to Chelan to meet me.  We'll  resupply, stay the night, and ferry back across the lake to start the last 87 miles of the trail together.

It has been a long and short 4 month, if that makes sense.  Sitting here now, with it almost over, it seems like it went by quickly.  However, looking back, recounting the last few months it seems so much has occurred with Andy gone; I graduated, my sister had a baby, Brett moved in with me and I had to experience what it was like to have a non-boyfriend roommate for the first time, Coty got mange, I survived another ungodly hot Phoenix summer. Adventure is important to both of us and I'm glad he was able to experience something he will never forget and being able to appreciate the small things in life.

 It will be really nice to have Andy back, I know there will be an initial phase of, hmm re-adjustment, but our adventures will continue.  He has a lot to be proud of.   Just a few short weeks and we'll be across the border in Canada completing something that started as an idea a long time ago.




No comments:

Post a Comment