Friday, August 24, 2012

Eye on Mount Rainier

Andy's at White pass, which is at ~mile 2309.  He said it's chilly there now and last night the temperature dipped close to freezing.  He can see Rainier in the distance, a year ago he was hiking up it and now he's going to greet it once again, this time from a different trail.



Andy was able to catch Fairway and now he's not hiking alone, which makes me feel better about him being out there.   I know he likes having a friend along to share camp with (and goofy man conversation by the alcohol stove :-)

The approximate date for him to complete the trail is around September 15th.  I'm looking forward to joining him for the last 87 miles of the trail, although nothing I have done can prepare me for hiking for 17+ mile days.  I'll have some aching feet.  He'll slow his pace for me, there's no way for a non-thru hiker to do 27 miles days without losing her feet, mind, and composer.  However,  I'm really looking forward to finishing the trail with him and being able to see the completion of something so challenging.  Plus I'm looking forward to being able to see him ever day again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment