Sunday, April 29, 2012

And they're off...

My sister and I dropped the boys off Saturday morning at the trail head near Campo California.  With the border fence as a back drop Andy and Brett set out on a great adventure.



There were several others that started out that morning, there was even a fellow there that had done it several years ago and just wanted to bid everyone fair well.  The boys had their first ~ 20 mile day ahead of them.  They hiked into the ADZPCTKO, Annual Day Zero Pacific Creat Trail Kickoff Party, where they got a water report, talked with others hiking the trail and past hikers, and their PCT thru hiker bandana. 


oce they crossed I-8 Andy called me to say hi and tell me they're having a great time and there are good vibes on the trail from all the other hikers.  They're are staying at the Mt. Laguna campgrounds tonight and have a couple more days till their first resupply. I'm excited for them, it would be an awesome thing to see all that nature and stop thinking about time, schedules, and computers and just be for a while. 

I'm going to miss him, the house is quiet without him.  Coty, or Jerk dog as some know him, took his spot in bed keeping it warm until Andy walks to the Canadian border and reclaims it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment