Thursday, June 7, 2012

One Day, Two Milestones

Walked into Kennedy Meadows a day early (6/6).  I also did my first 30+ mile day to do so.  I walked 34 miles with almost 10,000 ft of elevation gain and loss.  I'm not sure why I did it.  I felt like I was flying high, and simply decided I should go for it. Even after that I felt I could go further.  I felt so great physically and emotionally.  I'm definitely feeling strong and in the best shape of my life.

The last few miles to KM were emotional for me.  I feel so lucky to have made it here after dreaming about it for so long.  Luck has allowed me to continue but perseverance and single-mindedness have carried me through.  I've seen many others get injuries.  I hope that I can be smart about how I hike to minimize injury, but sometimes it just happens.

I'll be entering the high Sierra tomorrow.  I'll try to get some photos up here soon.  The ones I get over the next week will be some of the best! 

No comments:

Post a Comment