Monday, June 4, 2012

The Hunger

My brother always talked about his extreme hunger while thru-hiking the PCT.  Now I understand what he means.  When resupplying in town all of us think we have way too much food.  After a day out on the trail you can often hear us talking about how hungry we are and how we could eat our rations in a single sitting.  I have to consciously think about how much I can eat and not let myself get out of control but sometimes its difficult.  It may sound like were not carrying enough, but its a balancing act.  The more you carry, the more calories you burn.  My food bag that I thought could carry about 7 days of food at the start can now carry about 5 days of food and I had to pick up a second food bag.  We often find ourselves daydreaming and talking about foods that we cant have on the trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment